Bike Trip at Leh Ladakh is just like a delight at a higher altitude. The loops of Ladakh’s roads are world-famous. Most of the bike riders from all around the world dreamed of to ride a bike on the high motorable roads at Ladakh. There are more than 10 high pass motorable roads in which Khardung La is the world-famous and highest motorable road in this world. The altitude of Khardung La is 17,582 feet above sea level. When the riders reach there they do not forget to take a photograph at the milestone of Khardung La Pass.
The meaning of Ladakh is – “The Land of High Passes”, It lies between Kunlun and Himalayan mountain range. As per the geographical conditions, it is the high altitude cold desert land. The altitude range of Ladakh averagely lies between 2,500m to 5,000m. Nun Mountain in the Suru valley is the highest peak of Ladakh with the altitude of 7,135m. Area of Ladakh is blessed by nurtured valleys, flowing rivers and deep gorges. It is an important area from the ancient time when this area is used as the Silk Route. The Silk Route was important in terms of trade. The traders have used this route to travel from Central Aisa to China. The important rivers of Ladakh are Suru, Shyok, Indus, Zanskar, Markha and Nubra. All these rivers are Glacial Rivers and an important source of water for Ladakh.
The best season to visit Leh Ladakh is from April to June and then from the post-monsoon season is from September to November. Early December is the starting of the winter season. As time goes forward winter becomes harsh. The temperature starts dipping from zero to minus degrees Celsius. At that time the life of residents of Ladakh remains on halt. To face this season they prepared from the 5-6 months earlier. At that time Chadar Trek is open. It is the frozen river trek. Actually, due to minus temperature, the way of Zanskar river becomes Chadar Trek. It is another kind of adventure experience which you can get there.
The major districts of Ladakh are Kargil and Leh. Leh is the most important in terms of facilities. Here you can find ATMs, Banking Facility, Medical Facility, Medical Shops, Restaurants, Hotels, Guest Houses and Home Stays.
Day 1: Arrival at Leh
Day 2: Leh Sightseeing in and around
Day 3: Leh to Nubra Valley via Khardung La Pass, Camping at Nubra Valley Campsite
Day 4: Nubra to Turtuk
Day 5: Nubra Valley to Pangong Tso Lake Ride
Day 6: Pangong Lake to Leh Ride
Day 7: Departure from Leh
Things To Carry
- Small Garbage Collection Bags
- Water Bottle
- Thermo Flask
- Dry Fruits and Snacks
- Woollen Clothes
- Lip Balm
- Body Lotion
- Extra Batteries for Camera
- Woollen Socks
- Woollen Gloves
- Led Flashlights
- Identity Proof
- Trekking Shoes
- First Aid Kit
- General Medicine Kit
- Personal Toiletries
- Solar Charger
- Sunscreen Lotion
- Do not make fun of any religious belief in Leh Ladakh.
- Obtain all the permits before Leh Ladakh Bike Trip.
- Stick with the group and follow the instructions of the group leader.
- Do not misbehave at the entrance of any monument or monastery with the staff. If there is an issue, then sort it out in a gentle way.
- Do not litter in Ladakh to maintain the dignity of place.
- Carry a personal garbage bag with you.
- Obtain all the permits before the trek commencing. It will save time.
- Do not indulge in any activity which is against the Law of India.
- Do not carry any weapon with you in bike ride.
- Try to avoid plastic materials as much as possible. In case you have used it during trekking then do not leave it behind and put it in your garbage bag.
- Try to avoid bad comments on co-travellers. If you face any issues, then notify your team/group leader.
- If you face any health issues, then tell your team leader immediately.
- As Shop/ Restaurants are not allowed in the valley, carry some snacks/dry fruits with you.
- Try to avoid activities that harm nature. Be a responsible trekker.
- Do not use any toxic material during the trip; it may lead you in difficulty.
- Upon asking you have to show your id-proof authority.
This is all about Leh Ladakh Bike Trip. The Ladakh is so serene destination so one who visit it once then he or she wants to visit again and again. The charm of Ladakh is remains forever on any type of visitor.